Today I’ve woken up with aches, from long stretching muscles that haven’t been used in some time! I’m excited about my new Yoga journey, I’ve recently returned to exercise, two babies in two years has left my tummy muscles in much need of some TLC, plus it gives me an excuse for a little me time and meditation.
I’ve also adopted a yogi appetite recently and am enjoying the benefits of feeling lighter and nourished. Here’s a little delight, fresh and nourishing. Our plates, mirror our lives and the time we give ourselves is truly precious. The fuel we energise with is implicitly linked to our health and outlook. Anyone can cook beautifully, if they so choose and let go of ideas of perfection.
To err is human; to forgive divine.
If you’re interested, here are some useful tips for Yogi Bears and other healthy souls.
1. Fresh Fruits of all kinds, especially berries.
2. All vegetables, except onions and garlic. This is slightly annoying for me, as I love garlic! Though I’m willing to try.
3. All Whole grains hit the spot, plenty of oats, whole-wheat, and brown rice. I blitz oats into my morning smoothies.
4. Beautiful Beans, tofu and mung to name a couple.
5. Plant-based oils, like sesame, sunflower, and olive oil.
6. Unsalted Nuts and seeds, I’m loving chia seeds at the moment.
7. Raw sugar, maple syrup, molasses.
8. Herbal teas, water with lemon and mint for freshness.
9. Sweet spices, like cinnamon, cardamom, mint, basil, turmeric, ginger, cumin, fennel.
10. The ultimate ingredient, that which is the greatest gift/ ingredient – Food prepared with love, and gratitude given before eating. Enjoy today, may your plate be as fresh and beautiful as you.